Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Courage & Compost Tea


It’s raining sheets of renewal washing away the person that I thought I was — the me that labors under the grime of illusion heaped upon me — by others and myself. 

This isn’t gully washer rain. There is no flash flood warning in my soul. No, the rain is steady, cleansing. My soul takes a deep breath; the ground of my being inhales in the murky compost tea. Because, really, how can I grow into me without this rich brown compost tea created by misstep and learning? 


Choice. I can stay inside this house built by illusion and battle the torrents of rain slipping through the worn slats into my house. With this choice, I hustle back and forth catching drops in a bucket. Or, I have another choice: I can step outside that house of illusions and into the fertile ground of what I believe. In that place, the rain pelts upon me awakening my true self. 


But, stepping across that threshold is hard. I can feel my heart racing even as I think about what boogeymen wait for me across the threshold. Before my fear overwhelms me, I gather my courage, breathe in daring, and open wide my curious eyes. An inhale/exhale later, I am free of the house and my illusions as the rain pelts upon my being.


Once outside I explore the squishy ground and peer into the scrying puddles. Can I see my future in the rain splattering the murky water? Maybe. May not. But, in those silt filled puddles perhaps I can understand my past and see a way forward. I recognize that understanding the past is an important aspect of foresight. How can anyone decipher the messages that we are given until we can understand how our past twines with what we are given? 


I realize yet again in the pelting rain that intuition speaks in mystery and code. Through challenges met and lessons learned, I have the capacity, the knowledge, the critical thinking to look at the weave , to separate the strands and look at the twining braid. Only then can I see the blessings, the grace that led me to this very moment.


That knowing, with a dash of curiosity, give me the courage to cross the courtyard of that house of illusions. With daring and courage I take the risk that carries me from the dilapidated, worn place into the spark-lit place of possibility. Crossing into the fierce wild, I breathe in the rain, drink in the compost tea, and am renewed. 


It’s raining. And in the rain I gain the energy to renew myself — even those dilapidated, worn places. In the renewal I come home to myself. I invite you do the same.


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those places may scare us. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 

Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2021 


No comments:

Post a Comment