Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Just Around the Corner


How have you been reintegrating? That feeling of too much is slowly dissipating for me. Maybe I am adjusting to the brightness in the world, the poignant smells, the breeze on my naked face — hurrah! No mask! This weekend instead of ordering a carry out meal, I had an early sit down lunch in a restaurant. Yeah, my world is slowly getting back to normal.

All of this is happening as we step firmly into the summer months — the heat, humidity, the people out and about. The cicadas have all but disappeared only to be replaced by fireflies who are doing their dance in the dark just outside my bedroom window. I am amazed by the growth of the plants in my container garden and am hoping for tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchinis soon.


This is a time of year when change is happening so rapidly — I swear I can see and hear the tomato plants growing. There seems to be yet another change that I cannot quite see. I find myself wondering with some trepidation what is lurking just around the corner of my life. What waits just around the corner is the anxiety producing pondering. I have lost count with the number of times I have reminded myself to breathe!


The thought of things we cannot see often scares us more than what we come face-to-face with. What we don’t see, we can embellish with our fears  and runaway imagination until it grows into something that it never was. And, in the face of this scary unknown, we stand paralyzed unable to take a step forward or even a step back. 


Maybe we even delude our self by believing that if we scrunch our eyes closed and don’t move, well, we do not have to engage what is just around the corner. What is just around the corner won’t find us if we stay quietly still. But, sooner or later, if we do not round that corner, the corner will round on us. If we do nothing, change creeps up on us. Caught unaware, we react.


We don’t have to live this way. Breathing into the moment, step-by-step, edge closer to the corner. With awareness notice the terrain. Notice how the world shifts and how you are invited to shift with it. No longer timid but resolute with courage round that corner. In those steps we are as prepared as we can be to face whatever lies just beyond our line of sight. 


Just. Like. That. We engage what is just around the corner and grow into who we really are.  



Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those scary places. The result? Creating a blue print for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.

Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2021

No comments:

Post a Comment