Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Finding The Pink New Shiny Me…How ‘Bout You?


Have you ever been through a particularly rough patch in your life? I am guessing that we have all been there at one time or another. And, some of us have had longer rough patches than others. The last 8.5 years have been tough. It felt like I had a lot of false starts only to be pulled back into yet another challenge.

I got to tell you, there have been some pretty discouraging moments. But, as a master reframer, I have usually been able to find the challenge, hear the message, and take the next step on my wild, uncertain path. Although it is has been scary at times, this journey has been an incredible one.


In early May, during a particularly trying time, I found a job while surfing the web. While I would usually find reasons not to apply, I decided to shush the “Am I qualified?” whisper. I applied for it. Now five weeks later, I am posed to start a new job; a new venture. 


Of course, the “Why now?” rears its head. Because I am an introspective person, I find myself wondering why now instead of at some other time earlier in this almost decade journey. If I believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence, then, “Trust that this is the right time,” is my only response. 


Who really knows the answer? Maybe the remnants of the answer lies in the challenges that I have met; in the lessons that I have learned. Maybe the answer is found in understanding who I am and how I view the world. Maybe I needed to meet some challenges and really integrate this life lessons. And, maybe I am finally ready to make that giant leap back into recognizing who I am.


As I move from Target Lady to Church Lady, I have to tell you that working retail is the hardest job that I have ever had — even harder than that brief stint I had as a waitress. It is more than physically taxing. Although it is hard on your body, working retain is also emotionally trying and mentally exhausting. 


Working through the fatigue, I confronted my socially constructed reality. I peeled away a lot of illusion and recognized that there was even more illusion waiting to be released. I can see the shiny, pink of my true self peeking through the battering of illusion. 


There have been some great experiences of the past almost four years. I’ve met great people, learned more about social justice, and had some tough introspective moments. I’ve learned a lot about the world — and about myself. I have to tell you that I’ve come out stronger, more resilient.


And, on this other side, I am more in tune with my empathy. I am aware how it helps and hinders me from being compassion’s presence in this uncertain world. I am looking forward to moving on. Meeting new challenges and learning new lessons. But, mostly I am looking forward to being the best person I can be in each moment.


So, where are you on your big challenge? How have you moved through the long night? Have you find the other side? Let me know!

 


Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those scary places. The result? Creating a blue print for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2021

No comments:

Post a Comment