Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Until the Water Clears

Mud, ooey, gooey stuff, is squishing between toes and splashing up legs.  Not one of my favorite feelings.  Mud is more than a nuisance; it plays a prominent role in many creation stories.  All forms of life came from mixing water with dust.  The Tao Te Ching encourages us to have patience; to wait until the mud settles and the water is clear.

When the mud of our life settles, we see clearly our life situation.  With clarity, we make better decisions. But, what about the mud that settles in the bottom of our cup?  What can we form by the muck?  How might we use the mud to create newness in our life? 

I have never been the most patient person.  Waiting for the water to clear is often a painful time of angst.  At times I leap only to discover that the mud has not yet settled.  Instead of creating, I’ve just stirred up the gunk.  No longer able to see the pathway to transformation, I perch on the rim of my cup as I wait for the sediment to settle.

At last!  Mud finally settles.  I peer deeply into my silence and listen to the whispers of intuition.  These whispers call me into transformation that requires me to be in the mud while partaking of the pure water.  The mud is no longer icky and ooey and gooey.  The exploration of the mud becomes a task of inspiration and creativity.

So, when I peer deeply into the contents in my cup,  I ask myself, “Is it time? Can I see clearly enough to form the mud into new life? And, how my guidance lead me clearly into creation?”

Wishing you much patience until the water clears,

Vanessa

Vanessa is an Intuitive, Community Builder, and Compassionista, and Author of Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action


No comments:

Post a Comment