Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Just Words


When a recent meeting attendee told me she would be attending a peace protest, I found myself internally cringing as I thought, “How can a protest be peaceful?”  Using the RI2 process (reflection, introspection, integration), I answered that question. 

What do you think about those words?  Try the RI2 process learn how this phrase impacts the four aspects of the self — body, mind, spirit, and heart.

Reflection: Spend a few moments focusing on the in and out of your breath.  Silently say the word, “peace.”  Notice where you react in your body; what does peace feel like in your body? (Peace rests in my upper chest midway between my heart and throat.  As I focus on the words, I feel lighter.)

Return to your breath.  Say the word “protest.”  Notice your body’s reaction to that word.  Is there a particular place in your body where protest is triggering a sensation. (The word protest manifests as a heavy feeling in my armpits that travels down my body pushing and lodging into my pelvic area.)

Introspection:  Process the information that you discovered about the impact of the words on your body.  Ask yourself what additional information you need to understand how these words affect you in all aspects of your being.

Gaining additional information, I looked up the words in the dictionary.  Protest is dissent.  Peace is freedom from dissension.  The definitions provided additional support that uttering the words together creates a dissonance in the body.  Combined they cause a disruption in the connection between my body/mind/spirit/heart.  Those two words combined provided imbalance in my harmony.

Words matter not only to those who hear them to but also those who utter them.  They impact the four aspects of our self — body, mind, spirit, and heart.  Words are not benign.  The energy behind a word can uplift and balance or disrupt and sever the connections in our self and our connections with others.  A word is not just a word; it is a source of energy that can bring harmony or tumult in our life.

Wishing you harmonious word choices,

Vanessa

Vanessa is an Intuitive, Community Builder, and Compassionista, and Author of Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action


www.intentandaction.com

No comments:

Post a Comment