Thursday, January 22, 2015

Coincidence or Miracle?

Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG/
www.freedigitalphotos.net

Have you ever had a book passage, movie  quote, or song lyric just gets stuck in your head?  I have.  Finally banished from my consciousness, those words or image burrows deep into my unconscious mind only to surface at the most peculiar times.  Watching the movie Signs in a darkened basement filled with surround sound logically would imprint a memory of those almost silent, scary scrapes of the alien feet across wooden floor.  But, no.  What I remember is the quote from Graham Hess: See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

It’s been a long time since I believed in coincidence. In fact, Albert Einstein’s saying: there are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle rings true to me.  I believe that every thing is a miracle and there are no coincidences.

When I am aware, I notice life's rhythm.  In this natural ebb and flow, nothing happens by chance or coincidence.  There is a simple beauty in the natural elegance of life.  Even when I am standing knee deep in the mud tending to my lotus blossom, I see the miracle within the moment.  And, with this knowing, I turn to the day with a smile upon my face. In my awareness I am poised to celebrate each miracle and each non-coincidence.  Within each lays the grace of being and the nudges of my intuition. With each I can meet the challenges and the lessons in the moment.

So, I ask you, “Which kind of person are you? Who do you desire to be?”

And, I wish that within the grace of each moment that you become your deepest desire.



Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG/www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment