Tuesday, May 3, 2022

An Inside Job


We recognize that ultimately we can only change our self and, in doing so, become a change agent whose actions are transformative. Vanessa F Hurst

Change — one of those quotes I hear way too much is be the change you wish to see in the world by Mahatmas Gandhi. I wonder if there is another quote we can substitute for this one? Okay, I can her the wheels of outrage turning, but, seriously! You got to admit that it is an overused quote.


Now I can hear you say, what quote about change do you like, Van? To which I answer, one that doesn’t have the word change in it. To mollify those who thought I was dissing Gandhi, I’ll even reference another quote of his: my life is my message


Much like our message, change is an inside job. Our goal isn’t to impact out there. Our message is an internal response that is reflected when we walk our talk.  Think about this. It’s monumental. Our message is rooted at our core by identifying our talk


Have you ever asked yourself: what are my beliefs and how do I live grow from my core? Or, how is my inside job reflected into the world? And, how is my life a message of change that I share with the world? 


I don’t know about you, but lately with everything happening out there, I feel my circle of influence shrinking. I feel like I can’t impact change any where. I wonder if there is anything I can do to change myself much less the world. It is fatiguing to show up in a chaotic world. You know what? It seems that most people I speak with are feeling the same way.


Then I remind myself those words come from a  pessimistic heart. I back up. Take a deep breath. Remind myself that I only have to make minute changes in myself. To do this, I honestly look at my message. 


I begin in reflection. What is my message? How am I living into it? What am I missing the mark on? I realize that I don’t have to have all the answers. Even one is a beginning toward living my message. 


Next I introspect. I look deeply at my message — discern how I am sharing myself with the world. I look at what I’d like to live into but am not quite accomplishing. Now the hard part: is what I am missing even that important? There are no right answers for these questions; only what speaks to each of us in the moment. Each of us decide how we want to experience your message.


Now comes the hard part: integrating the message you decided upon into your experience. Remember: this can be a simple action once a day. Begin simple, stay the course, and your life will be your message. 


My life; my message. Not to change what’s out there but to better understand my path and make life corrections that have me living my message into the world. I bet you want the same. 


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 


Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022


1 comment:

  1. Yes Vanessa, with the coming of spring, it seems I have more energy
    to enjoy my plants growing, and growing on my porch, reaching out
    to friends to share time and a lunch - a goodness in the midst of
    the world's troubles. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete