Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A Gift To Be Given (That Would Be YOU!)


Each of us is endowed with unique gifts. How did we get these gifts? Well, let me tell you a story… 

The Creator sat across the table from me before I was born. The Sacred said, “which gifts would you like to carry through this life?” I chose my gifts. The Creator and I agreed upon the accompanying challenges. You cannot have gift without a ribbon of challenge! They go hand-in-hand. In the embracing and sharing of my gifts, I would learn life lessons and share my real. 


I was quite pleased with the gifts that I chose. I was ready to enter this life prepared to gain further enlightenment AND change the world. Of course, I was focusing more on the magic of possibility and didn’t quite remember how hard challenges could be!


I may have seriously underestimated some of my life challenges.


I’m born. As I grow through the decades, I live and learn while celebrating the successes and agonizing over the near successes. Never do I lose the desire to share who I am and my gifts with those around me. That is the key. A gift is meant to be given. I (you) can only grow by reaching out to those in my (your) circle. As we share, the circle expands and so do our gifts. 


Malidoma Somé, an African shaman of the Dagara people, teaches that each of us are born with a unique gift that is meant to be shared. This is our soul or life purpose. We are responsible for giving birth to the gift. 


We do not give birth in isolation. Those in our community are equally responsible for the birthing process. They create a supportive environment in which we, as individuals, flourish. The only way that we can live through our gift is to be a part of a loving, supportive community that only thrives through the sharing of each member’s gift.


Within this communal birthing is the magic of possibility. We share our gifts, community supports us, we support community, others share their gifts — a smagical sharing that transcends spiral from us, from our community, and into the world.


This spiral of love and compassion through gift giving reaches out to others offering love and acceptance. We discover that abundance does not exist solely for ourself. It  exists in sharing what we have and in celebrating and sharing the gifts of our being. 


What are your unique gifts? How are you sharing them? How can you share your gifts? Perhaps before sharing each gift, you whisper a prayer or blow love before giving it to another. Maybe you discover intangible ways to share love with those in your circle. Or, perhaps, just maybe, you set your intent to be the blessing, the gift, light that you agreed with the Creator to be. 


Spend a few moments, as often as you can, acknowledging that conversation of so long ago. Even if you cannot remember the conversation or the nature of your gift, affirm that you are gift. Acknowledge your purpose. Affirm your willingness to be that gift to the world. 


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 

Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Vanessa! I will be sharing this post with two supportive friends who have lifted me up at the time of my birthday. Your writing is so
    meaningful through life challenges.










    ReplyDelete