Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Of Dust Bunnies & What Ifs

The winds are blowing through cracks in my soul. I can feel the chill of uncertainty seeping into the dark corners of my being. Long-hidden dust bunnies of fear twirl lazily on a cold gust. I shiver in the wafting fear as the dreaded questions of “what if” and “is this all there is?” rise into my consciousness.

In that paralyzing instance of fear, I rest in the space between heartbeats. In this place of nothingness, the silence calms me pulling me deeper into myself. The winds don’t stop; they continue to gust. Calmed, I catch a thermal, slip past dust bunnies all the while knowing I am protected by the peace whispering within the silence. 


The peace soothing my spirit reminds me that I need not be stuck in uncertainty. I need not give into fear and impotence. Peace urges me to breathe through the moment. As my peace-filled breath permeates me, I relax into a peculiar way of being. I hear peace chant within me, “let go, let go, let go — be who you are.”


So, I let go. This is not a free fall into the uncertain. No, I catch a thermal and ride it into the sky of my soul. As I soar, my perspective shifts. Those dust bunnies of fear are no longer raging monsters that threaten to overwhelm my being. They are inconsequential bits of fluff that invite me to explore what is stopping me from climbing the mountain of transformation. 


In this exploration, I hear the question echoing in my mountaintops, “what if?” And, I wonder: What if I stop letting fear guide me down my path? What if I stop hiding from those dust bunnies? What if I reach for the heights of those mountains in my soul? Because, if I stop getting caught by fear, I recognize where I truly am — I am perched someone in a crag on that mountain top. And, maybe, step by step, flight by flight, I will discover a home within myself.


Answering this question brings a response to the second question: “Is this all there is?” Of course not. Life is to be lived in the depths of fear, the heights of joy, and in the between. When I truly realize that, I move from a cognitive place to a space where emotional and mental merge. In this place of possibility, I soar into my soul mountains. I gain the energy to explore the mountains of my dreams. 


Awake to the pure joy of being, I recognize that this isn’t this all there is. The world is a wild, wide open space. I just needed to open my eyes and see. I wish you to live with eyes open, too.



Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those places may scare us or bring us joy. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.

Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2021 


No comments:

Post a Comment