Tuesday, May 18, 2021

No Labels, No Rules, No Definitions


How would you like to live in a place of no labels, no rules, no definitions? I can almost hear you say, “YIKES!” If everything in life had none of the three, we would descend into chaos pretty quickly. While we need labels, rules, and definitions to create boundaries in most parts of our life, accessing our intuition is not one of these places.

Because being intuitive, accessing your inner wisdom, requires a flexibility that cannot be bounded by labels, rules, or definitions. I’d say that the only expectation to have when listening to your intuition is to expect the unexpected. Because just when we have figured out how we access intuition, we discover new ways to hear the voices of our intuition.


I like to think of my intuition as an inquisitive communicator. While it tells me some serious stuff, the way it goes about sharing comes from all angles, through all of my senses, and, often, in code. It invites me to deepen my understanding of the message by asking questions. At times, I feel like intuition is saying, “I’ve got some information, let’s do some Q&A.” 


On this jaunt, intuition dangles its message just on the tips of my finger or perhaps my tongue. It is never so far away that I cannot grasp the message at least partially. And, that is perfectly okay. It may take more than just this moment to understand the entirety of the message. I’ve learned to be okay with the evolution of my intuitive understanding. 


How do we undertake this journey? And, what tools do we need to excavate the messages? Two of the most important tools are gentleness toward yourself (self compassion) and awareness (mindfulness). If you are not in the moment, you won’t hear the message. If you are not gentle with yourself, you will become so tense that you miss message after message after message until your intuition begins to shout at you.


I know that both self compassion and mindfulness are easier said than done! So, let’s break them down.


    • Be gentle with yourself. Don’t expect an answer to every intuitive pondering. Don’t expect to recognize every message that comes your way. The important stuff will come back around until you finally recognize it. Trust in that. This doesn’t give you permission to be sloppy and non-attentive, it just reduces performance anxiety.
    • Be aware or in the moment. This takes practice. Most of us aren’t really good about being in the moment. We get caught in the past or find ourself fleeing into the future. How do I stay in the moment? Post-it notes with reminders, setting alarms, taking time out to ask myself what kept me in the moment and what drew me out. And, sometimes, my intuition will nudge me into the moment with a gentle reminder. Think about how your intuitive gets your attention.


Ready to practice…breathe into the moment. Notice where your anxiety manifests. Breathe into your anxiety, your fears, your desire to know. Then open yourself up. What is the one thing that is stands out? It could be a word, an image, a symbol, a smell, a taste…just notice without judgment. Then open yourself to what you have received. Allow your mind to follow your intuition by free association…allow the message to unfold.


An example: Recently I noticed that I was not wearing orange, but a lot of food that I was eating was orange. What is my intuition telling me? Since I know the energy body, I immediately thought of my second chakra which is represented by the color orange. That is the center of creativity. 


Using this information about what I was eating plus the information that I would not wear orange, I discerned that I was trying to jumpstart my creativity, really work on the book I was writing, even though I had not written in quite some time. So, my intuition was nudging me to complete a project. 


How about you? There is no real science to intuition. We create our own guidelines, we define what it means to be intuitive, and, yes, we choose what we label our selves. So, call yourself intuitive if you’d like, because it is what nudges you into being yourself. 

 



Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those scary places. The result? Creating a blue print for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.

Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook @fyrserpent 


©2021

No comments:

Post a Comment