Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Tagore’s Bird & Messages in the Rain

It’s raining. I can hear the splattering — not a rumbling  that brings me into alert awareness but a gentle nudge urging me to pay attention. Of course, this rain is not hard enough to wash away the grunge of the past days. It is a pattering that dampens the landscape. Peering into the dark, I look at the rain drenched wonder with new eyes.  

My eyes alight on a soggy piles of autumn leaves. I imagine that in the morning the sun will beam its splendor on those leaves. I imagine the lumpy, wet pile of leaves transformed into a glittering wetness of many colors that fill my nose with the earthy smell of change. For now, that pile of leaves is shrouded in shadows for the moon is hidden by heavy clouds.  But, the night will not last forever. The world, and I will see the light again. 



Tonight I cannot see through the shadows cast. I can only feel the tears raining down upon a grieving world. I can only trust that the grime of grief is being washed away splatter by rain splatter. The rain and tomorrow’s sun will sing the day into being. I live in anticipation of the sun that casts a newness, a hope, upon the world. As I listen, I hear the words that invite me to shed my old, tired being and give birth to the light that shines within. Within this light is a spark of hope.


In this moment I am not yet Tagore’s bird, for the dawn is still elusive and I cannot muster the energy to sing my song. But, I can use the light within to find my way from here to there as the drip, drip, drip calls out to me. Trust. Hope. Know. Come. Curious I know not what I will find as I take daring step upon daring step, but my song sings courage. I cannot, will not ignore the call to be, once more, myself. 


No matter how dark, no matter how rainy, life is in the exploration. So, it doesn’t matter if I cannot sing knowing the sun will shine once more. What matters is that I do not give up. What matters is that I ignite my fierce spark of daring, of courage, of truth within me. 


So, for tonight, I wonder at the message of the rain. I know that the message is important. How could I not be so earnestly drawn to something unless it holds a message for me? So, I trust. Perhaps after all, I am that bird that sings when the dawn is still dark. For I listen to the rain whispering. It says to me, “sometimes you cannot wash away everything and start anew. Sometimes it is about gaining a new perspective, finding your bearings, and journeying into another day.” 


Wishing you a bit of Tagore’s bird and messages in the rain.  




Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an Intuitive-Coach-Catalyst, who uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for personal and relationship transformation. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook 

Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2020


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing Vanessa - Thank You! And I do love Tagore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Carol! It is always great to hear from you! May your spirit dance lightly upon the Earth on this day!

    ReplyDelete