Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Compassion's Breath in Pre-Alarm Moments

Most mornings I wake to the velvet darkness of  night wrapped gently around me. In those pre-alarm moments, I breathe into the day connecting to the quiet in my mind. Those few moments before the spinning top in my mind gains speed are exquisite. In the silence, I connect fully to my core. This connection prepares me for the day.

It is inevitable that the alarm rings reminding me that I must leave my cocoon of calm and rest to meet the day. Once up, I move from task to task as the spinning top of my mind revs. It is easy to slip from the moment in anticipation of what the day may hold. To stay in the moment, I hold the somatic memory of peace created in those pre-alarm moments.

Before stepping across the threshold into the world, I reconnect to my morning silence. I ask myself, “What is your intent for the day?” Some days it is specific — to be anchored in the calm during a particularly challenging situation. But, most days my intent is to be a compassionate, joy-filled presence in however I am called.

Believe it or not, staying connected to my intent takes ongoing mindfulness and intentional discernment. I have been told that my energy is high and it is difficult for some to relate to me because of my frequency. When I am intentionally compassionate and joyful, my energy is amplified. So, I must be aware how my interactions trigger tangible and intangible responses and reactions of others. I continually read the room and then respond in the most appropriate way. 

To be sidelined by the behavior of another that pokes at my triggers is to lose connection to my intent. I choose to be aware of how I am being impacted and consciously allow the disquiet that leads to reaction to move through and out of me. Focusing my awareness of the trigger for even 90-seconds dissipates the reactionary force behind it. What remains is the power of response. 

Those pre-alarm moments are my time to set intent. With each breath, I anchor into my stated intent. With each breath, I acknowledge any angst while clearing its residue from my being. With each breath, I recommit to my intent. These moments provide the energy to sustain me during the most trying, most trigger-ridden circumstances during the day.

So, my intent that grows from my soul purpose is to be a presence of joy and compassion in the world. My actions, when I am in the moment, are powered by this intent. How does you intent power your actions?  



Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is a Intuitive Coach, who uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for transformation. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Contact Vanessa  (vanessa@intentandaction.com) for life coaching, keynotes, programs, and intuitive consultations.

Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2019

No comments:

Post a Comment