Tuesday, April 3, 2018

I Believe: The Intent & Action Blog

I believe in my hopes and dreams, my sorrows  and griefs. I believe that though the slushy grip of winter won’t let go, that spring is burrowing upward from the mud slick earth. I believe that as thunder, lightning, and winds rumble through the topsy turvy spring, that there is purpose in the low times. 

I believe that sometimes bad things happen to good people. No harm, no foul. Sometimes you’ve got to experience the fall before you can rise. I believe that it is okay to get lost for a bit in the maelstrom of uncertainty. I believe that, no matter what, some how, some way, I will find the strength and courage to rise again.

I believe that good things happen to bad people because inside each of us is at least a little bad. I believe that I may never see the depth of suffering in another — or feel the depth of my suffering in the frozen tundra of my winter time. I believe that what I judge as bad may just been the malignancy of suffering unhealed.

I believe that sometimes believing isn’t enough. I believe that it is okay for the tornadic uncertainty to pick me up and give me a mad twirl. And, I believe that, in those moments, it is okay to be lost and fragile. I believe that once I am hurled to the mud slicked ground that I will find the courage and curious daring to try just one more time. 

I believe that the darkness casts shadows that invite us to courageously grow from that tiny seed spark into a raging inferno of self. I believe that I cannot stand in the sun all the time or I would be crispy. I believe that I must depend upon the guidance of the glowing ember inside myself. I believe that there is a lesson in everything. I hope to get a passing grade.

I believe that the world is crazy wonder. I believe that every moment is an opportunity to balance suffering with compassion. But, mostly, I believe in me. Even when I do not have the energy to face another challenge, I believe that some how, some way, I will. This I believe.

What do you believe?


Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is a Mindful Coach, Neural Synchrony™ facilitator, Professional Speaker, and Author who weaves her inner wisdom into all she touches. Vanessa assists clients in navigating their life paths with intuition. Her books are A Constellation of Connections: Contemplative Relationships and Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action. Contact Vanessa @ vanessa@intentandaction.com for keynotes, programs, and consultations.


Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment