Tuesday, January 16, 2018

In A World Cloaked in White Silence

The world is cloaked in white silence. It clings to the branches quieting the noise in my soul. No birds chirping. No animals scampering. Even squirrel is warm and cozy hidden from the white silence. Standing at least six feet from the cold seeping window pane, I crane my neck to watch the swirling white land upon a gray world. The monochrome world of silence echoes quiet uncertainty. 

The world is silent, and so am I. With clarity, I hear the ramblings of my internal monologue; feel my struggle to catch even a pinprick point of light. Oh, my soul yearns for the silent beating of the mid spring sun and the rains that soak the earth giving birth to the colors of spring. With the clarity offered by this white silence, I capture sparks of wisdom. These elusive flickers becomes the grace that births my reframe.

The Reframe: Now is not the time to hide away; to hunker down, hibernate, or take just one more nap. The white silence invites me to courageously stand in the blistering chill — to feel the stark beauty of knowledge, to taste the undertones of hidden wisdom, to smell the fragrance of understanding, to see the song of dormant reverence, to hear the monochrome texture of wonder and awe. Its time to open the ears of my heart. I awaken to the possibilities of right judgment that reveal themselves over and over again when I open my eyes and see. 

The world is cloaked in a white silence. Unlike the squirrel, I cannot burrow into my warm cozy. I stand in this cold, blistering world of possibility, let go the self defeating words dancing in my mind, and breathe the clarity of possibility. In the white silence I hear the beauty that gives birth to my spring.


Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is a Mindful Coach, Neural Synchrony™ facilitator, Professional Speaker, and Author who weaves her inner wisdom into all she touches. Vanessa assists clients in navigating their life paths with intuition. Her books are A Constellation of Connections: Contemplative Relationships and Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action. Contact Vanessa @ vanessa@intentandaction.com for keynotes, programs, and consultations. 

Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2018



No comments:

Post a Comment