Thursday, January 14, 2016

Leaping Forward With Intent

We are two weeks into the New Year.  If I had to guess, some of our resolutions have faded into hopelessness.  This year I decided to have no resolutions; instead, I decided to fill my year with intent.  Soon after the first of the year I created a short phrase that invites me into the moment while reminding me how I want to respond to the world in 2016. 

My phrase?  Curious Daring and Courage.

Curious daring requires that I not be defined by my perceived limitations.  I find ways to embrace the challenges presented instead of giving up.  In each moment, I continue to look for possibilities.  And, I celebrate in the exploration…especially when I find more than dust bunnies in the corners of my world! 

With an open heart and an open mind, who knows what I will discover when I am filled with curious daring and courage.

Curious daring, for me, is only possible when accompanied by her twin, Courage.  In those moments where I only see impossibilities, I allow my friend Courage to wrap me in his gentle embrace.  Within the hug, he reminds me that I’ve got this…I see the possibilities and the strength and energy to follow them through. 

In my toughest moments, I feel the palm of Courage on the small of my back and my hand clasped firmly by that of Curious Daring.  I discover that with curious daring and courage, I do have this, and that…I can live in the challenges and life lessons.

As we edge into the middle of January, how are you framing 2015? What is the phrase that energizes you and brings you into a new way of being?  What phrase holds your hand and has your back as you leap forward with your heart?

With Curious Daring and Courage,

Vanessa


Vanessa is a Community Builder, Intuitive Healer, and Compassionista Author of Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action

www.intentandaction.com

No comments:

Post a Comment