Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Stormy Crescendo of Transformation

Photo courtesy of Salvatore Vuono/freedigitalphotos.net

The majesty of a storm — the rumble of thunder, splash of lightening, and giant drops of rain trigger my hyperawareness. Those vibrations and sights call to me. The whispers, the shouts, the bright flashes are passionate bursts that resonate deep within me. As I move to the chaotic rhythm, the rain draws near. The skies open; the land is drenched and so am I.  Rebirth comes with each downpour. A natural baptism washes away the grime of my regrets and sorrows.

The storm rages, and I continue to dance with the majesty.  I move within the tempest riding each wild wave as the torrents rushes from the sky, the thunder intensifies, and the sky is lit with forks of lightening. So caught up in the wild dance, the storm’s crescendo surprises me. After the peak, the gentle tapering of this frenetic song leaves me empty. I seek the silence within to soothe my tatters.

The sudden tumultuous onset of the storm reminds me of life challenges. They grasp me unaware, obscure my vision, and fill me with the seeming discord of the flash and tumble. Only when I rest in my quiet place, am I able to bring clarity to the tumult and be like the storm — I dance with the challenge and move through it to the crescendo of transformation and the peace in the tapering.

Reminding myself that even during the torrential downpour I have a choice is the first awareness. My interpretation of the storm gives it meaning. I can choose to live with the fear and the uncertainty while struggling against the impending stormy challenge. Or, I can choose to engage the storm while knowing that a storm is just a storm and I quite capable of meeting this stormy challenge.

After the storm passes the water will recede and the debris will need to be gathered. This is my time of patience waiting. Time to plan how I will recover from the challenge and takes steps for lessening the impact of future stormy moments. This is a time of potential transformation. That radical shift into transformation is only possible when I mindfully seek ways to incorporate the external, the debris and the altered landscapes, into my internal world.

Ever since I was young, I have loved the passion that resides in the storm. Enjoyed standing outside as the heavens graced us with the wild, wicked dance. Intuitively knowing that when the storm had passed, the world would be brighter, cleaner, calmer. So, I think of my life challenges and know the same is true of them. My world is brighter, cleaner, calmer only when I meet the challenge and engage in my own after storm of transformation.


Meeting the stormy challenge of transformation,

Vanessa

www.healingwillow.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment