Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Wild and the Wasteland

The Wild brings life to the barren. 
The Wild is creeping into the barren areas bringing life. As I wandered through the wetlands even last week, those spots of dead, brown grass and cracked, dry ground were largely lifeless. Yesterday the desolate areas were smaller and the wildness of Spring larger.

As I wandered down the paths, I turned inward, sidestepped, and slid into another more acute way of sensing. With each physical step I took, I moved deeper into my awareness until I reached the place of hyperawareness. Suddenly I saw, felt, and smelled the Wild with clarity. Hyperaware, I sensed the Wild creeping into the dead places, burrowing deeply, and planting seeds of life.

Ground violets, yarrow, dandelions, heal all, wild onions, and the beginnings of clover are all taking root. While the domestic grass remains, the Wild provides the texture and the abundance of life in both the meadow and the wetlands. The Wild daringly gifts the park with glorious, budding life. With my inner eyes turned outward, I relish in the hope this life brings.

The barren areas remind me of those tough places in my life where all seems lost and there seemingly is no hope of new growth or transformation. Yesterday, I saw, smelled, heard, and felt the Wild reclaiming and healing those desolate places. The reclamation did not happen in a moment, but over many moments. And, in my hyperawareness the poignancy of the healing was revealed.

Again, as I look at the Wild’s reclaiming, I sidestep further into my hyperawareness. I hear the Wild’s laughter in the breeze. See the Wild dance to her unique rhythm; a rhythm deeply connected to and resonating with the Sacred. In my body, mind, spirit, and heart I am so aware of the courage, the daring, and the curiosity of the Wild. She continues to create and flourish by dancing with each opportunity. Success is not a possibility but a certainty.

The Wild takes me into her arms. I experience the dance by seeing sharply, listening intently, and feeling passionately. As I dance, the seeds of hope and possibility and success fly from my twirling skirt and come to rest in the barren places. And, the Wild seeds take root and sprout. The Wild encourages me to embrace the wildness within myself. Once more I slip into my hyperawareness, and my wildness welcomes me home.


How are you living in Wild Intent this Spring?

Vanessa
www.healingwillow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment