Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Be the Light in a Shadow World


Darkness fell. As the lights went out one-by-one, I breathed deeply of the loamy silence. The awakening of the night made itself known in little scurries and breeze caresses. As the darkness surrounded me, my soul lost some of the tattered-ness. The angst unwound and peace twined within me. 

As I peered into the lengthening shadows, the world reached out to me. Courage kindled, I reached back. Fear and courage twined together changing my perception bringing doubt and clarity at the same time. To clear the cobwebs of the day, I breathed deeply into the moment. I chose to surrender into my fear. As its trappings fell away, I  took flight on the on the wings of curiosity.


Faster and faster the kaleidoscope of shadow images flew around me. Those I understood, I invited into my life. Others had me backing away in trepidation. A voice whispered, “No matter how you feel, breath deep, breathe wide. Feel your fear grip you. Surrender into the moment until your fear slips away. Stand tall. Stand proud. Walk into the moment. Trust each footfall takes your further along this path of wonder. Step by step the path that leads you home to yourself.”


Home to our self. Do you know where your home is? Each time I surrender into the moment, I reconnect to that place at my core. The wonder in each unfolding moment invites us to edge past the cracks through the crevices onto solid ground of self. This solid ground smells of magic and mystery; it sprouts wonder and glee. 


As we step onto this ground, we leave our footprint of resolve and are enveloped by the beauty of our journey. We wake up to who we are and live from that knowing. We recognize that we are the light shining through the dark.


Darkness has fallen. The moon shines upon a shadow world. This can be a place of heart palpitations and fear or it can be a place of curiosity, courage, and daring. We choose how we are going to show up in each moment. And each moment gives us opportunity to choose the path that twines us home to ourself. 


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-contemplative-catalyst. She uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the uncertainty in your life. The result of time with Van? An evolving life blueprint that creates a deeper, sustained connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 

Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs. 


Website / LinkedIn Profile Facebook / ©2023

No comments:

Post a Comment