Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Whisper of Wisdom: Do You Hear?

Within you is a whisper of knowing that gets louder when you listen to its voice.  What is that whisper? You choose. You can call is god’s whisper, internal guidance, inner wisdom, the voice of a guide. Me? I call it intuition.

How do you connect with your intuition? Let’s focus on how we ignore it first. I’ve been there. Maybe you have, too. I can remember that friendship I so wanted, that job I took despite reservations, that relationship I engaged in even though I felt unease. I can be a slow learner…the list is long. But, it is hopefully getting shorter with listening to my intuition!


Those situations occurred because I put what I wanted before how my intuition was guiding me. How do we get past our wants into the ways that our intuition is calling us to be? Before I answer that question, I want to be clear: I do not see any path taken as “wrong” or a “failure.” Those paths taken are opportunities. Challenges to meet and lessons to learn. We figure out the lessons and challenges by listening to our intuition. Full circle. So, listening or not listening  we grow either way!


Here are three ways to listen to your intuition. Breathe into your intuition or use your breath to get calm and centered.

  1. Ask a question. Then listen to the pings in your body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Take a piece of paper and separate it into four quadrants. Set a timer for 5-10 minutes. Jot down what you are picking up. Use descriptors, images…don’t second guess what comes to you. Just jot it down.
  2. Ask a nonspecific, “What would you tell me?” This is a great way to check-in throughout the day. Then listen to the pings of your body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Take a piece of paper and separate it into four quadrants. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Jot down what you are picking up. Use descriptors, images…don’t second guess what you pick up. Just jot it down.
  3. Listen to the external world. What grabs your attention? What says, “Hey, look at me! I am important.” Keep a small notebook to write down what caught your attention (or use your phone to make a note.) I recommend writing because it connects your body, mind, and emotions in a different way than using your phone. When you have time, return to those cues jotting down what comes to you.

The more that you connect to your intuition, the more you will spontaneously notice it.


Intuition is a playful trickster that shows up in the moment. The more you play with it, they more you will be aware of how it speaks. Sometimes intuition speaks to me and I totally don’t hear it only to have something happen later that triggers inner knowing. 


Intuition is speaking to you. How are you listening?  


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Being the change you want to see in the world by creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 

Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022

No comments:

Post a Comment