Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Moving From No Need To Yes Please!


I don’t know about you, but sometimes I am overwhelmed by the shoulda-coulda-wouldas. I look at the past, at my perceived non-action. Then, I get stuck in needing to do SOMETHING! I want to change the world for better. Yeah, that is a tall order.

A little voice rises through the chaos of my mind. It twines around my spirit leeching out the chaos until I can hear a whisper — no need. What does that mean? Do I have no need? Do I need to do nothing? What a quagmire! 


Of course, my mind lasers in upon something I consider to be a great need: to find balance and peace in an increasingly uncertain world. Then I scoff: that whisper is telling me that there is no need to make the world a better place? C’mon! There is always a need to smooth the angst, heal the woundedness, make the world a better place! How can that voice say, “no need,” and have me believe it? 


After this angst ridden moment, I remind myself that I don’t need to understand those words of my intuition on the first pass. Gathering silence into my spirit, I return to the message “no need.” As I settle into the phrase, I listen without judgment or attachment. Instead of searching, I allow the meaning to ribbon through my being. In the flow, I discover the meaning.


Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda 

Maybe that voice is telling me not to focus so much on the past and my perceived mistakes. No need is a reminder to be here now. I only have this moment and that is where I need to live from. Being mindful is where I can make the most impact.


Breathing into the moment I listen to my intuition. I use my critical thinking. Grieve my missteps. Forgive myself. Focus on the me who is a change agent. Find joy in each act of transformation. 


Called-By-Others-To-Be

We’ve all found our self in situations, in relationships, where we are called to be something that we are not. We desperately try to live in that skin that just doesn’t fit.  It gets harder and harder to meet expectations of our self and others. To be the leader. The listener. To put the needs of another over ours.


Breathing into the moment, I can finally acknowledge that there really is no need. I look in the mirror no longer seeing the me that the illusions of others have created or I have created based upon perceived expectations. I stand in the reflection of my power and vow to be the best me. That is what I need.


Moving from no need to yes please!

This place of no need is where I can be unapologetically me. That is the only thing that I need to be-do. And, so do you. Be true to you. Reflect upon your thoughts, words, and actions. Let go of what is not you. Decide how to turn your shadows into opportunities. Live within your discovery.


This life is about growing into your best, most authentic self. That is hard work! It calls us to be in a state of ongoing discernment in each moment. That discernment is the power behind sloughing off the skin, recognizing and removing the illusion of need. That  is the way to being exactly who you are.


Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 

Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022/

No comments:

Post a Comment