Tuesday, February 15, 2022

listening in the cold


A cold wind seeps through the cracks of my being. A not so gentle “Wake up!” nudge. Sleepily I open my eyes to a chilly darkness. I feel cheated out of sleep…the day is not yet here! I cannot see the cold that grips me. I can feel its urgency — it won’t let me go back to sleep. 

I shudder and shudder and shudder. Do I give into these shudders of fear? Shall I breathe deeply into the chill? Feeling daringly courageous, I choose the latter. I breathe in, welcoming the cold into my core. As it wraps me in its icy embrace, my curiosity rises. What will it tell me?


Bundled in a blanket of courage, I attempt to warm myself. To calm my fear shudders enough so that I may listen to the message whispering in the cold breeze. In those warming moments, I realize that the cold is not an enemy; the cold comes to bring me into new awareness.


Listen I do. Breathing in I draw the message deeper into my core. Breathing out I invite the cold to speak. Within the rhythm of the inhale-exhale, I calm. Soon I can hear the message whispering throughout my being. This hearing is not from my ears alone. No, I hear with my eyes, my tongue, my nose, my whole body. 


I listen waiting to see how else the message will come to me. I listen not knowing if I will every truly understand all that my intuition brings. I know that I will at least understand a part of the message that wafts into my awareness. 


My intuition is like that…slowly edging past the margins of my consciousness until I have not a choice but to listen.  It demands my awareness. Intuition…inner wisdom…the voice of the sacred. Whatever you may call it, my inner voice calls me to be mindful of the many messages that seek my attention throughout the day. 


Maybe I do not gain absolute clarity about the message. Maybe I am not ready to see the big picture. Knowing the entire message isn’t as important as deciphering the message bit by bit while trusting that I will respond exactly in the moment in the way that I need when intuition is my guide.


Deciphering intuition is not an exact science. It is more of an art that interlaces with science. My intuition is my friend; a life guide that leads me into greater understanding of my dharma, the lessons, the challenges, that bring me closer to myself. What is intuition to you? 


 

Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 


Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022/

1 comment: