Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Sun Is Shining

The sun is shining rippling across pools of water. Gone are the downpours that beat relentlessly on the sodden ground. I rescue an earthworm that had taken refuge on the wet concrete and rejoiced that, through the sun’s rays, the ground once again became a safe haven for the earthworm.

The sun is shining providing sustenance for plants rising from the earth. The ground transforms from shades of crisp brown to variegated green. I see within the aftereffects of this flood the arrival of spring — not according to the calendar but in the smells, sounds, and sights of earth. 

The sun is shining bringing recognition that we have made it to the other side of cold, dreary incubation. I rejoice in the promise of possibility twinkling on the dewdrops hanging from each grass blade and on each unfolding petal. Earth whispers, “Time to grow into who you are.”

The sun is shining calling us awake. Coaxing us to wake to the celebration of new while appreciating the old. As I follow a path alit with each blade of grass and each unfurled petal, my courage and determination echo with rebirth. The transformation from winter to spring resonates within me.

The sun is shining offering hope that the seemingly unending winter is over. Spring teems with unending possibility of transformation. When I open the eyes of my body, mind, spirit, and heart, I am the possibility of my own transformation. I am renewed.

The sun is shining welcoming not only my change, your change, but also the transformation of each person. Through this transformation of one and all, the whole world becomes a place of peace and compassion.   


Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is a Mindful Coach, Neural Synchrony™ facilitator, Professional Speaker, and Author who weaves her inner wisdom into all she touches. Vanessa assists clients in navigating their life paths with intuition. Her books are A Constellation of Connections: Contemplative Relationships and Engaging Compassion Through Intent & Action. Contact Vanessa @ vanessa@intentandaction.com for keynotes, programs, and consultations. 


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook
Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment