Thursday, May 7, 2015

Through Chaos, Into Transformation

This Spring the rut I was standing in quickly filled with water as the deluge of rain poured down.  I found myself alternating between slipping in the mud and being mired in the goopy mess.  The rocks, no longer embedded in the packed earth, scraped the tender soles of my feet.  The rushing water threatened to unbalance me. 

I could no longer ignore that that standing in the rut no longer served me.  As I flayed around, I admitted to myself that one small change would provide the impetus to move me from this place of angst into a place of possibility.

After eight years in the same place, I was resistant to move.  Yet I recognized that being in the same place for those long years had contributed to my complacent, fear-filled space.  Calling upon courage and curious daring, I gave notice to vacate my apartment.  Change was triggered.  I found myself in the midst of chaos — that period of transition between order and disorder.

Although chaos is uncomfortable and scary, it is also filled with limitless possibilities of growth and transformation.  Within the chaos I could identify the fractals, those never ending patterns, of my life.  Once identified, I could discern their contributions to my life.  Some life patterns are beneficial while others create discord.  Instead of focusing on the discord wrought, I gently reminded myself that with clarity comes the choice of transformation.  I could choose to create new fractals in my life.

This choice of finding another place to live offered the impetus to push me from my rut and discover a new way.  The new path presents opportunities to create new, more beneficial ruts.  (Because not all ruts are bad!) I have a blank field upon which to create new, life-serving fractals.    

What fractals do you need to release and recreate?

Namaste,

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment