Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Alchemy of Intuition

Image courtesy of Suvro Datta/freedigitalphotos.net

Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.  This quote by Starhawk is an apt description of listening to our intuition.  When we accept an intuitive nudge, we change our consciousness and our world view.  We become intuitive alchemists committed to finding the extraordinary in the mundane.

When we see beyond the surface, the world becomes more than just routine.  Intuition manifests as we willingly suspend judgments and assumptions.  All of our senses come vibrantly alive.  We further nudge the door of the alchemical intuitive open.  Create an environment that is more conducive to intuition by:
  • Setting a timer for 90 second
  • Closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing
  • Attending to your breathing…don’t try to shift it
  • Resting in the quiet while being aware of the many sensations bombarding you while not reacting to them
  • Noticing what you are called to notice 
  • After 90 seconds, opening your eyes without expectation
  • Allowing your attention to be drawn. What do you notice? What do your eyes light upon? What do you hear? Smell? Taste? Feel? 
  • Noticing the message that is no longer hidden by life’s distractions

In this intuitive space you may
  • Be reminded to call a friend
  • Take a different route to your destination
  • Feel compelled to engage in a certain activity
  • Receive a message that manifests in many ways

How do you know if you have followed your intuition? Well, many times you do not. Intuition is a funny thing.  Often when we respond, we have no way of knowing why.  But, when we do not respond to intuition, we often realize why.  Many years ago I investigated child abuse and neglect.  One morning when I was out making home visits, a voice told me it was time to go home and work on reports.  I told myself I had one more visit to make and then I would go home.  I ignored the voice of intuition and was involved in a three-car accident.  When I think about intuition, I return to that moment when I didn’t listen.  And, now many years later, I find it easier to respond to the nudges instead of denying or ignoring them. 

May you listen to those nudges in every moment! 

Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment