Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Fluttering of Compassion's Butterfly Wings

photo courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti/freedigitalphotos.net


A butterfly flutters its wings in China. Several weeks later a hurricane forms in the Atlantic Ocean. Is there a cause and effect connection? Chaos Theory would say that there is a direct link.

This morning as I had a text conversation with a friend, I wondered about Chaos Theory and compassion. What would happen if instead of the butterfly flutters, we substituted compassion?

In the silence of my quiet mind, I sat with Chaos Theory and compassion. Lovingly, gently I held compassion in the palm of my hands. Felt her warmth flow out of my hands and up my arms. Compassion embraced me warmly. Then I felt her she glide across my shoulders and down my chest. She stopped mid-chest, and I felt compassion surround and permeate my heart.

I was filled with the warm, rose quartz colored energy of compassion. My friend, Compassion sat with me. Turning to her I asked, “What do you want?” And, she replied, “let me live in you and through you. Be a vessel and an avenue of compassion.” Compassion and I continued to converse. She flowed into my old hurts and ignored sufferings. In her warmth, I felt unconditional love. In her touch the old hurts lifted and I felt free.

As my suffering lifted and my body suffused with joy triggered by compassion, I saw the world with clarity. The ears of my heart were opened. I listened for and heard the suffering of others call to me.

I turned to compassion or she turned to me. With a hug, Compassion and I mingled our shared intent. The energy of our compassionate intent grew strong and flew outward in compassionate action. Our comingled compassion gently caressed the suffering of others. Their suffering left. What remained was joy-filled relief.

We continued to dance around the spiral as it reached further and further from my physical embrace. At last compassion disappeared from my view, but she continued to ride the spiral journeying far out into the suffering of the world. She did not journey alone — she took a part of me with her.

Chaos Theory and the butterfly — if the wind currents triggered by a butterfly flutter trigger a hurricane, what would a continuous burst of compassion from our hearts accomplish? What peace-filled transformation would come from the simple flutter of the butterfly wings of our compassionate heart? That is not an answer we will know until we live with both compassionate intent and action.


Sharing the butterfly flutters of my compassionate heart,

Vanessa

www.healingwillow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment