Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Have you noticed? It’s coming alive.


Have you noticed? Everything is coming alive. Even the trees that haven’t leafed out feel more alive. The vibrancy of their bark speaks to me. Yeah, spring has sprung even if winter is still clinging on.

I admit to grumbling when I awoke to 28 degrees. I mean, end of March…brrrrrr much? But, hey! At least it is not the teens that I woke to several weeks ago. Yeah, the world is coming alive, and I can feel it invigorating me. 


In early March it seemed that every time I walked outside a murder of crows squawked loudly. Now those big black birds (large crows or ravens, I am not quite sure) are less interested in gaining my attention than in building nets. I was amazed the first time I saw one carry a large strand in his month. Then he disappeared with it into the upper canopy of a tree to twine that strand among others. 


Wait a minute? Do you think that the crows got tired of me not listening to their caws and decided to communicate in another way? I bet. Crows are sneaky like that! 


I got the message: strand by strand build the nest. As I imagine the beauty of the nest Crow is building, I ask myself what vessel do I need to build or dust off to prepare for newness in my life? What will I give birth to maybe not today or tomorrow but soon? That is the question for me to discern and live into…and maybe it’s your question, too!


Crow reminds me that life, like the turning wheel of the seasons, is not static. It is about choosing the strands of new growth, creating a nest — a womb to nurture the new, and then giving birth. Knowing that giving birth is going to be the easy part. What follows is joyous, hard work!


Once our creation leaves the nest and takes flight, we fly with them. We ride the thermals, dodge raindrops, enjoy a different perspective. This is what the acceptance our newness offers us. When we accept the invitation, we live from the beauty of our spirit.


New always offers the opportunity to dust off the cobwebs of discouragement and peer into our shadows with more aware eyes. It requires that we pluck out the weeds that tangle our hopes and dreams. That we courageously nurture beginnings. That we live with a sense of curiosity and daring because who knows what is waiting on this flight into the new?


What is speaking to you this spring? What’s coming alive? What are you being called to nurture? What new will you sustain? It is probably you! 



 

Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 


Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022

1 comment:

  1. Spring - time for intuitive contemplation - thank you Vanessa!









    Spring - time for intuitive contemplation - thank you, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete