Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Showers & Flowers


April showers bring May flowers
. Remember that? Lately, I’ve found that those showers that bring flowers don’t always happening in April. With ongoing climate change, flowers can pop up after showers in just about any month. And those other showers in our lives? Well, they bring flowers anytime, anywhere.

What about those showers and flowers in our life? Do you have showers in your life? I know that I do. They can be an irritating drizzle wearing my attention down or the clap and flash of a thunderstorm. Most are every day showers that wet the ground of my soul.


No matter what, those showers say to me, “Hey! Look beyond yourself. Pay attention! You are missing something BIG.” And, when I listen, I see into the splattering of the rain and envision the potential of flowers.


Showers are just another name for life challenges and life lessons. These are opportunities that encourage us to show up as our best, most courageous, most authentic self. They wash away the grime of our illusions until all we have left is our true self and what is really REAL.


As we meet challenges, learn lessons we may even find our self liking the rain. If you are like me, you may find yourself dancing in the rain! Is there a better way to meet those challenges than dancing through the moment? 


I remember during my college years donning a pair of cloth Mary Janes when it rained. I would skip through puddles, spin around, and turn my head toward the sky. All the while I laughed for the sheer joy of the rain. I hope that I meet most of my challenges in the same way today.


The rain, like challenges and lessons, invigorates me. I mean, it is only a bit of water falling from the sky. Maybe I get a bit wet, but hey! that’s life. This I ask myself, “What would life be without rain?” The world would be dry and arid. A whole lot boring. While the rain may be challenging, it is also daring and wild and fierce and magical.


As I dance through the rain present in a life challenge, an amazing thing happens. In place of those met challenges and learned lessons, flowers appear. Maybe they are flowers that I might have chosen for more garden. Others might be wild, fiercely beautiful, exotic surprises. 


One thing is for sure: this field of blossoms is something that I could never have dreamed would have been created by the showers in my life. 


The winds of March have given way to sunnier, warmer weather. April showers are inevitable. 


What challenges will you attempt this month as you prepare for the flowers…whenever they blossom in your life?


 

Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating the mundane and extraordinary. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 


Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2022


No comments:

Post a Comment