Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Intuition: Grand, Mysterious Navigation


A friend asked me how I do-what-I-do meaning how do I get my intuitive hits. Now, that was a question!

I never really thought about the how of intuition until I wrote the book: As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive. What I realized upon reflection was that intuition just bubbles up inside of me. In order to write the book, I needed to understand the how of this bubbling so that I could explain it to others. 


Being Intuitive 


But, we’ll let the how of intuition go for now. Let’s go back to being intuitive. Over the years, how I access my intuition has changed. Sure, I still use divination tools to gain grater clarity. And, at times, I see future events unfolding. But, that isn’t how my intuition usually manifests now.


I access my intuition in the day-to-day listening to both my internal and external worlds. Whatever happens to trigger my intuition, I get quiet. I listen to this voice inside of me that helps decipher what I am noticing.


When I listen to my intuition, I am guided to

    • contact someone
    • take a particular route somewhere
    • visit a certain place
    • pay particular attention to a piece of information
    • say the right words at the right time
    • listen to how my life is unfolding
    • take better care of myself


The noticing and the listening moves me from the mundane everyday world into responding to the extraordinary. In this place, I can be the best person I can be. Owning my intuition, I live extraordinarily in this mundane world.


Getting to an Intuitive Place of More


But, connecting to intuition can be really disconcerting. It jogs us out of the present moment when we are presented with something more. That more is the guidance that navigates our challenges and empowers us to be our best self.


How do you get to this place of more? Messages come in many forms. Have you ever heard a message in the words of another, noticed a message in a nature symbol (animals, plants, etc.), or recognized a message deep within a surface happening? Then you have accessed your intuition. 


Intuition Opens Up to Connection


I admit that I used to get scared that I wouldn’t be able to decipher the message when I received an intuitive nudge. Then I realized that I am not a closed circuit. Neither are you. When I allow the intuition to flow through me, when I listen to its voice, the message is revealed. And, I am given the navigation ability to go to the next phase of my life. 


Lately I’ve accepted that my intuition is going to speak however, whenever, wherever, and through whatever to get my attention. Call that my spark’s connection to the AllSpark. What a relief it is to know that I am not going to miss any intuitive cues because intuition is going to get my attention one way or another! 


So, what should you do when intuition speaks? 

    • begin with what not to do: don’t clench on emotions like fear or awe
    • be an objector observer: notice without attachment
    • unfurl your being: be open to the message
    • relax into the message: don’t try to interpret it immediately, let the knowing come
    • let intuition seep into the cracks of your soul and spark knowing.


A Grand Mysterious Thing


While intuition may be this grand, mysterious thing, it is also our navigator through life. Intuition is the part of us that says I am here. You are not alone. Let me unravel your confusion. I am here to guide you home to yourself. 

 




Vanessa F. Hurst, ms, is an Intuitive-Coach-Catalyst, who uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for personal and relationship transformation. She is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.

Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook

Twitter & Instagram: @fyrserpent / ©2021


No comments:

Post a Comment