Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Totally own who you are


Sometimes I return to my Reiki roots and the intentional practice of mindfulness. Those three words that begin each Reiki Principle: just for today bring me into the moment. These just for today words tumble from my intuitive core: just for today totally own who you are, be your own person, shine your light, the world needs you as you are.

Let’s break down that intuitive message.




Just for Today: Totally own who you are


I don’t know about you, but I seldom totally own who I am. Yeah, I can embrace the me reflected in moments of listening, being compassionate, practicing patience, listening my intuition, and exercising. But, those other ways of being: impatient, frustrated, ignoring my inner wisdom, and overeating, are times that I don’t even want to acknowledge much less own who I am.


On my good days, I can see how all parts of me — the light and the shadow — create the total picture. The  shadow represented by my frustration, impatience, ignoring, and overeating gives me opportunity to pay attention to what is triggering these reactions. In befriending my shadow, I can understand how my peaceful self gets blotted out by all those triggers. 


When I totally own my loud brash as well as my quiet calm, I can appreciate that those that ways of being I’m not so thrill about are actually powerful. Their energy helps power the parts of me that are more shy and reserved about showing up as my best self. That loudness reveals not only the weeds but also the rutted path of my growth.


Just for Today: Be your own person


Will I ever be a calm gentle listening person 100% of the time? Will you ever be the person you most desire? I hope so for both of us but probably not. Owning all parts of myself creates that wildfire of me — you know, being my own person. Through those sparks within the fire, I see more clearly who I am. I can choose where I place my energy and how to temper the wildfire energy in parts of my life that need change. 


Just for Today: Shine your light


In the light I can be my own person. I set boundaries. I am gracious. I share compassion. I learn to be comfortable within the shine of my body/mind/spirit/heart. I can enter the shadows knowing that I am my own light. Whatever I find in the shadows become opportunity. While I feel fear, I also call upon my courage to transform into my truest self. Yeah, shining that light means being my own person no matter what I find in the corners of my being. 


Just for Today: The world needs you exactly as you are


I am not perfect. I am wounded like everyone else. Without an awareness of our wounds, we navigate our self into one detour after another. But, it need not be that way. Might I recommend the book I wrote about navigating our lives in awareness of our woundedness? Imperfect in an Uncertain World


The world cannot wait for us to do everything just right. We don’t have the luxury of getting everything right. We are imperfect, wounded beings who are here to make the world a brighter place.


In the crazy of the day the uncertainty of the moment, the world needs us to show up and be the compassion, the peace, the light that makes the minute changes that truly transform the world into a better place. I hope you will join me. 


 

Van Hurst, ms, is an intuitive-coach-catalyst. As a contemplative coach, she uses mindfulness practices and intuition tools to create strategies for navigating those places may scare us. The result of time with Van? Creating a blueprint for your life through a deeper connection to your intuition and contemplative nature. 


Van is a professional speaker & author who weaves inner wisdom into all she touches. Her books are available @ www.wildefyrpress.com. Her most recent book, As Natural As Breathing: Being Intuitive, is available on Amazon. Contact Vanessa for life coaching, intuitive consultations, keynotes, and programs.


Website / LinkedIn Profile / Facebook / Twitter: @fyrserpent / ©2021 /  


No comments:

Post a Comment